Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Antenna Auto-Tuner Design, Part 10: The Final Schematics


This is the final post in my design of an Automatic Antenna Tuner.  It's been a long journey, and I've learned quite a bit.  And I hope others have found these posts interesting and, perhaps, even useful.

Links to the other posts in this series can be found at the bottom of this post.

This final post contains all of the updated schematics.  They have been updated from their "prototype" revisions (the revision they carried when they first appeared in earlier posts in this series, e.g. "Rev. X1") to my "release" revision: Rev. A.

A Note:  Click on any image to ENLARGE!

And with that, here are the final schematics:

Directional Coupler

RF Frequency Sampler

L-Network

Return Loss

Arduino Main

IO Expander 1

IO Expander 2

Series-C Display

ATU-SDR Interface

Other Controls

Hex Switches L

Hex Switches C

Relay Coils 1

Relay Coils 2

Power Supply

That's it.  This series is over!


Links to my blog posts in this Auto-tuner series:

Part 1:  Preliminary Specification

Part 2:  Network Capacitor Selection

Part 3:  Network Inductor Selection

Part 4:  Relays and L-Network Schematic (Preliminary)

Part 5:  Directional Coupler Design

Part 6:  Notes on Match Detection

Part 7:  The Build, Phase 1

Part 8:  The Build, Phase 2 (Integration of Match Detection)

Part 9:  The Build, Phase 3 (Incorporating a Microcontroller)

Part 10:  The Final Schematics


Links to my Directional Coupler blog posts:

Notes on the Bruene Coupler, Part 2

Notes on the Bruene Coupler, Part 1

Notes on HF Directional Couplers

Building an HF Directional Coupler

Notes on the Bird Wattmeter

Notes on the Monimatch

Notes on the Twin-lead "Twin-Lamp" SWR Indicator

Calculating Flux Density in Tandem-Match Transformers


Standard Caveat:

As always, I might have made a mistake in my equations, assumptions, drawings, or interpretations.  If you see anything you believe to be in error or if anything is confusing, please feel free to contact me or comment below.

And so I should add -- this design and any associated information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

3 comments:

Marius said...

Beautiful project, congratulations!
I didn't find the sketch for the arduino. Is the project open source? I would be interested in building a similar one, but without a sketch ... I have no chance of success.

73's!

Jeff said...

Thanks very much, Marius.

No, the Arduino sketch isn't available.

But Part 9 contains a fairly detailed description as to what is going on. If you have even a little experience in coding, I would recommend you try writing your own code. Just take it a step at a time.

Best regards,

- Jeff, k6jca

Marius said...

Hi,

I understand; unfortunately I have no programming experience, I am not a programmer.
I admit that I threw my eyes on some sketches, but I failed to understand the effective logic of moving the relays for coils and capacitors; the rest I understood a little ... at sea.
I plan to build and upload a sketch in arduino.


All the best!
73!